USCRI is looking for a student intern who is interested in pursuing an opportunity to gain practical knowledge and build skills in the Information Technology field. As the Desktop Support intern, you will help provide technical support to staff and customers by configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing personal computers, laptops, and networking equipment. This internship is designed to be a constant hands-on learning experience. The Desktop Support intern will learn how to take his or her knowledge and skills from the classroom and directly apply them to our office environment. The intern will assist under the direction of our Management of Information Systems Team.
You Will Learn How To:
- Troubleshoot desktops, laptops, PDAs, routers, and peripheral devices
- Respond to users’ various IT requests such as hardware and software issues, in person and remotely
- Build and configure laptops and computers
- Setup projectors and other media for large meetings
- Provide documentation for staff regarding IT processes and procedures
What We Are Looking For:
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Mac OSX operating systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of networking and server management
- Calm and positive attitude, with excellent critical thinking skills
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career interests and goals. You will gain a better understanding of the role of a Management of Information Systems department in a non-profit setting. Interns are also provided opportunities to learn more about the organization, our department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit sector, and enhance your professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
This internship begins January 17, 2017 and requires a 20 hour per week commitment. USCRI internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week and interns may not be in the office more than 8 hours per day. The internship is located in Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
- Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
- Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
- Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “Desktop Support Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
- Resume or C.V.
- Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
- Two References (names and contact information only