USCRI is looking for a student intern who is passionate about supporting the needs of uprooted populations through helping to write grants for program funding and assisting with donor engagement and individual giving campaigns. As the Grant and Fundraising Intern, you will assist our Planning and Development department leaders and other professionals with a wide range of projects related to grant writing, researching funding opportunities, nonprofit management, creating correspondence letters, and other development projects that promote the mission and vision of this nonprofit organization. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical to your professional aspirations and career. The Grant and Fundraising Intern will learn how to take his or her knowledge and skills from the classroom and directly apply them to our office environment. The intern will assist under the direction of our Director of Planning and Development.
You Will Learn How To:
- Collaborate with multiple partners to develop grant proposals
- Use Donor Perfect to analyze donor information and create reports
- Manage the SharePoint site for the Planning and Development department
- Research funding opportunities from various sources
- Monitor proposals throughout the research, planning, drafting, and submission phases
- Compose professional correspondence letters (e.g. Thank You Letters and Letters of Intent)
- Develop action plans with measurable outcomes
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience with grant-writing required
- Avid interest in Nonprofit Management
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Organized, with an ability to multi-task various projects and prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career interests and goals. You will gain a better understanding of the role of a Planning and Development department within a non-profit setting and grasp USCRI’s central business goals and development agenda. In addition, you will learn how to coordinate and assist our staff in a professional work environment. Interns are provided several other opportunities to learn more about the organization, our department leaders, and the non-profit sector through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
This internship begins January 17, 2017 and requires a 20 hour per week commitment. USCRI internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week and interns may not be in the office more than 8 hours per day. The internship is located in Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
- Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
- Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
- Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to email@example.com. Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “Grant and Fundraising Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
- Resume or C.V.
- Cover letter, stating your interest and qualifications
- 3-5 page grant proposal narrative or otherwise relevant writing sample
- Two references (names and contact information only)