USCRI is looking for a student intern who is interested in pursuing an opportunity to perform database and application development under the direction of our Management of Information Systems team at this nonprofit organization. As the .NET Developer intern, you will assist our MIS Team and other professionals with a wide range of projects related to developing web-based applications and online database systems. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. The .NET Developer intern will learn how to take his or her knowledge and skills from the classroom and directly apply them to our office environment.
You Will Learn How To:
- Perform within all phases of database development and Sharepoint development using C# and Microsoft SQL server environment
- Gather requirements from end-users and Refugee Processing Center
- Design, implement, and test databases and web applications
- Implement upgrades and backups of online database systems
What We Are Looking For:
- Related Coursework or experience with Visual Studio, .NET, C#, Transact-SQL and in preparing technical documentation
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Ability to multi-task various projects and prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Motivated learner with a strong work ethic
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career interests and goals. You will gain a better understanding of the role of database and application development in a non-profit setting. Interns are also provided opportunities to learn more about the organization, our department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit sector, and enhance your professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
This internship begins September 5, 2017 and requires a 20 hour per week commitment. USCRI internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week and interns may not be in the office more than 8 hours per day. The internship is located in Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
- Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
- Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
- Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to email@example.com. Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “.NET Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
- Resume or C.V.
- Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
- Two References (names and contact information only