USCRI is looking for a Web Developer intern who is interested in pursuing an opportunity to support and assist our Management of Information Systems department with a wide range of projects related to our internal and external websites, Sharepoint and other application development projects. You will interact with your supervisor and other staff on how to improve intranet site functionality and design in a collaborative team environment. You will also have the ability to work independently outside of meetings. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. The Web Developer intern will learn how to take his or her knowledge and skills from the classroom and directly apply them to our office environment.
You Will Learn How To:
- Build Sharepoint sites using Sharepoint Designer
- Design, develop, integrate, and deploy Microsoft SharePoint based sites.
- Capture requirements, analyze specifications, customize, test and debug web applications
- Create new functionality, and enable new capabilities for the existing SharePoint platform
- Develop appropriate code structures to solve specific problems and perform specific tasks
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong passion for website coding and design
- Detailed knowledge of HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Basic knowledge in SharePoint
- Experience with web authoring tools and Adobe Creative Suite
- Enrolled college student or recent graduate majoring in computer science or programming
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career interests and goals. You will gain a better understanding of the role that Sharepoint and the intranet play in the efficiency of a nonprofit organization. Interns are also provided opportunities to learn more about the organization, our department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit sector, and enhance your professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
This internship begins September 5, 2017 and requires a 20 hour per week commitment. USCRI internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week and interns may not be in the office more than 8 hours per day. The internship is located in Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
- Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
- Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
- Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “Web Developer Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
- Resume or C.V.
- Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
- Portfolio or samples of your work (at least 2)
- Two References (names and contact information only)