Below is a list of the items most needed to set up a household for a refugee family. While there are many other things that may be useful, we have limited storage space and have to prioritize these essential items. We accept new and gently used items and cannot make repairs or launder items.
Please note that we do not currently have the capacity to accept children’s clothing.
It’s hard to say “no, thank you,” but we graciously cannot accept
- Window curtains/rods
- TVs (unless they are flat screen)
- Washing machines/dryers; microwaves; stoves;
- Non-essential items (baskets, knick-knacks, decorations, etc.)
- Clothing (except for winter wear)
- Books (except for children’s books, books for English learners, and dictionaries)